MOULTRIE, Ga. (WTXL)--Saving his arm or saving his life, that's the decision a Moultrie man had to make. Michael Hobgood says he somehow picked up the deadly bacteria called necrotizing fasciitis. Michael Hobgood says he never thought a cut on his ...View Complete Story
COLQUITT CO., Fla. -- A Colquitt County man is now in stable condition after losing a limb to a flesh eating disease, according to The Moultrie Observer. The publication states that 23-year-old Michael Hobgood cut his hand two weeks ago while he was ...View Complete Story
Zoey had a near brush with death when a small cut on her ankle became infected with a flesh eating bacteria. Doctors at Seattle Children's got ahead of it, saving Zoey's leg and her life. Now back home, Zoey can't sit on a swing. She can't even walk on ...
KOMO NewsView Complete Story
What began as a fun day outdoors ended with the fight of Aimee Copeland's life. Copeland, 24, was ziplining with friends last May when she cut herself after an equipment malfunction. Through her wound, she contracted necrotizing fasciitis, or flesh ...View Complete Story